One Month Post Accident

Today marks one month since Brian's accident. And we have come a long way since that horrific day.

I still thank God for the immediate attention Brian received in the instant moments after the crash. When I think about the fact that almost all of the people immediately on-site were off duty first responders, I can't help but envision those people as guardian angels appointed to protect Brian. Envisioning angels surrounding the scene of the crash is often something that refines my hope and belief that God has his hand in this circumstance & is working to restore Brian's brain and body. I thank God for those people and for the people that have reached out to share that with me.

Today, on this sleepy, snowy Monday, Brian remains very stable (all his vitals, like heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, and blood oxygen are in stellar shape). The Pulmonologist told me that Brian's recovering from the pneumonia & collapsed lung faster than they anticipated and they expect to continue weening him off the ventilator in the days ahead. She said he is strong and making progress, which is reassuring and another answer to our specific prayers for his lungs!

The neurology team ran an EEG scan on his brain before the weekend and after reviewing it, they 'may have seen possible seizure activity,'  but it's unclear. As a preventative measure, they started him on prophylactic seizure meds just in case.

Toes still react to stimulus, left eye appears to be centered more consistently, he is still withdrawing from pain tests, and he has response to loud sounds. 

I've gotten really good at facials, foot massages, and might even say I've honed some dental hygiene skills. Whatever Brian needs, I'm here for it! Every day when I arrive, I play Brian this song and again when I leave -- and I look forward to the day we'll dance to it when he's better!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsE_zp_4vyo

Specific prayers for the days ahead: 

  • Lungs recover & Brian continues to excel at vent weening
  • Right eye responds in conjunction with his left eye
  • Responses to verbal commands present themselves
  • Brain swelling continues to come down
Thank you all for your support & prayers!
-Lauren

Comments

  1. πŸ’œπŸ’™
    The prayers never stop! You, my sweet girl, are the strongest chickadee ever! Brian will never hear the end of it...well, after hundreds of hugs! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Lauren, god bless you and Brian, you both will always be in our prayers. And you wait and see, as I thank you for sharing your miracle as it comes full circle with us. How god loves you and Brian. You both will be a example of how god delivers miracles. God bless young lady. And don’t ditto take care of yourself as well. And thank you always for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, Lauren, are amazing! There hasn’t been a day that has gone by that I don’t check Brian’s blog for updates, say a little prayer for you both and send my love and strength to you. I can’t wait to see you both dancing away and holding each other tightly! Brian is a true miracle and with God’s Grace, this will happen. You, my dear, are a gift from God. While we don’t know all the answers or plans he has, He chose you to be Brian’s wife and partner in life. Keep fighting, keep healthy and sending lots of hugs to you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue to pray every day.πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren thank you for the updates. I think of both of you often Please take a little time for you also. Brian is going to need you in the days to come. I’m so glad to read that he is starting to respond to stimuli. Thinking and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, it’s Kelly. Thx for the updates. I check here several times a day and pray for both of throughout the day, Haley and I will make another coffee and hugs run to you again soon. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ•―πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued to pray for you both. Hoping all is progressing πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers and thoughts are with Brian and Lauren at this time. Thanks for your updates. Please continue to update when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am praying for you, Brian and both of your families. May God give you all the strength as you embark on a new journey. I pray that God keeps you in his loving arms and helps Brian recover.
    I am been in the same situation and can share all the emotions you are feeling and going through. If you would ever like to talk, I am here and would love to support you. I will continue to check back and pray every day for both of you and your families.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. By the way, if you want to watch more accident videos, here I found a post and hope it helps too: 11 Best LiveLeak Alternative Sites

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW FUNDRAISER INITIAVE: Brian's Journey to NeuroSolutions in Austin, TX

Court Hearing // My Impact Statement

2nd Annual Bowling for Brain Fundraiser & More!