July 5th - Day 140 - Updates & Request for Support!

Hey everyone!

Today Brian held up his head for almost his entire PT session (with a few breaks in between). So impressive! They also think he's ready to be capped on Wed to trial that again and see if they can decanulate (remove his trach) soon!

Otherwise, the only other major update is that they decided to push the Ambien drug trial to tomorrow morning!

I am posting to request prayers that Brian will be receptive to it. The stats say 5% (conservatively) respond paradoxically to the drug. You can read more about it here if you are interested:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269231

Let's pray into this together, for tomorrow. 

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.


***

Please Lord, return Brian to consciousness now.
Please exceed our expectations, abundantly...beyond ALL that we are asking for. I pray for Brian's full restoration, and you say you are able to do more than we ask. We've seen you answer that prayer already, by crossing our paths with the exact right people, at exact right times. That one day, we might give God the glory for more than just Brian's recovery, but also Cale's (our new friend Becca's sweet husband that we met in rehab). That is beyond what we have hoped & prayed for already.
Thank you that you are able. Thank you for providing. Thank you for healing.
Please let us see Brian emerge this month. Please let his recovery take place in his home state. Amen.

***


CTA: If anyone feels compelled or led to help us out, I am going to be delivering a letter, along with anyone else that wants to write one, asking the rehab facility he's currently at to make an exception and keep him longer, so long as he's making progress. I'm asking for them to make an exception so we don't have to uproot and leave our support system. I'm asking because he's an Illinois State Trooper that deserves to stay in the state he's dedicated his life & service to - where he's making progress with a team that knows his case so well, and cares about his recovery. I'm asking for them to put people before policy. While we still will be researching long term options, it can't hurt for us to try so we can avoid an out of state transfer, away from everyone we both need. So - if anyone wants to send something in agreement, here is a template that you copy & paste into your own document or the body of an email, edit, and email back to me by tomorrow morning: 

Email to: brianfrankstrong@gmail.com


Thank you for praying with us. Thank you for cheering us on. Thank you for loving Brian the way he loves others. Thank you for championing his progress. 




Comments

  1. Just emailed the letter, praying they will make the right decision to keep Brian at their facility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent! Really hoping they keep him. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done Lauren. I hope it helps! It does not make any sense to move him when he is getting what he needs there. I am supporting you and sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, I don’t know you or Brian but have been following your story, I pray for your strength and Brian’s continued healing always. I sent the email as well. I hope it helps πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God continue to bless you Lauren and Brian. Continued prayers and support are yours. Email sent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping and praying that your request is granted! Thank you for giving us a task to help!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Email sent - Praying for Brian and a longer stay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Letter sent, continue prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lauren. I am the mother of an Illinois State Police Officer and have been reading your blog from the beginning. I have sent the letter, but I modified it somewhat to express my feelings for both Brian, you, your families, and the ISP family. My fiancΓ©, a Lutheran Pastor, and I pray for Brian every night in prayer, as well as by name during Sunday church service each week for complete healing. Never give up Hope. Prayer is very powerful. I pray the facility where Brian is now reconsiders his length of stay so he can remain close to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Done Lauren. I don't know you or your husband either, but have been following your story since the beginning. Praying for both of you to be strong, and hoping Brian continues to make progress right here in Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SENT! I added a couple of sentences of my own. I pray for good news for you and your newfound friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sent. Added a few words on my ownπŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  13. Request sent. I have been and will continue to pray for you and Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  14. πŸ•―πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  15. We live very close to 55 and 30, we think of Brian and you daily. Our prayers for the Brian to stay put for at least another month, so he can receive all the therapy that he needs. Lauren, you are strong & inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW FUNDRAISER INITIAVE: Brian's Journey to NeuroSolutions in Austin, TX

Court Hearing // My Impact Statement

2nd Annual Bowling for Brain Fundraiser & More!