June 6th - Day 111 (Post Shunt Operation)

Brian's shunt operation went well - the surgeon said he was really happy with how it went and how Brian did and he's been stable post-op, no complications! Thank you, God!

He rested for the weekend, though we did see him alert quite a bit, which was encouraging. I fully anticipated he would be groggy after anesthesia and surgery, but his alertness encourages me that the shunt perhaps has already started to relieve any pressure that may have been present before. Praying that it means he will be even more receptive to the neurostimulants and therapies (he goes back to rehab tomorrow)! Another encouraging thing to see is his eye movements, pupil sizes, and centering seem to be improving too! Also, my dad was able to visit Brian for the first time this weekend now that he's vaccinated, and I know that was really special for my dad to be with Brian again. 

Please pray with me that the shunt is exactly what he needed to continue making progress towards consciousness. I'm specifically hoping & praying that he will wake during this next visit at rehab, within his time frame there, because if not, the next step would mean moving him to a 'long term' neuro rehab facility (the one he is in now is considered 'acute'). The best facility option is in Nebraska, which would require us both moving there for an undefined amount of time until he emerges -- and then we could return to Chicago to continue rehab here. The alternative is bringing him home and hiring in-home care givers and ordering/installing all the specialized hospital equipment (which is not the route I'm interested in or prepared to do in such short notice). Both are overwhelming options - but my hopes are high that God is still working this out in perfect timing. We gained 1.5 weeks for the shunt procedure, and I still understand that time = healing for an injury as severe as his. So perhaps we took this detour for a reason! If he wakes in the next couple of weeks, he can stay in the Chicago rehab and begin his conscious fight in a new program. If a move is necessary, and that's the path God has for us, so be it. But please pray with me that we can continue to working through Brian's recovery in Chicago, where our support & family are. Please pray for a safe transport tomorrow & for these critical days of rehab ahead. Please Lord, wake Brian soon, and let his full restoration be possible! Give him a conscious fight. In Jesus' name, Amen!

“When the time is right I, the Lord, will make it happen.” -Isaiah 60:22

"But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28


Comments

  1. Thanks for the update, Lauren! Hoping the transfer goes smooth again and the progress continues! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re so amazing and I’m in awe of you my dear friend πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• of course you’d find a better alternative to at home care or long term nursing care. Each obstacle, comes a deep breath, grounding and faith in God and then you “Lauren it “πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯° he’s lucky to have you and God created you perfectly for him. Love you so muchπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will keep praying and believing God for a miracle!
    Xoxo Zach and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the shunt will relieve the pressure and help him become alert. I know that is exactly what you are hoping and praying for. I remember him and you in my prayers every day. You are tremendously strong and brave! God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the Lourdes Healing Prayers.

    To Heal a Friend:
    Think, O God, of our friend who is ill,
    whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard.
    Comfort him upon his sickbed, and ease his suffering.
    We beg for deliverance,
    and submit that no healing is too hard for the Lord, if it be His will.
    We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care,
    renew his strength, and heal what ails him in Your loving name.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My continued prayers for you and Brian. You are a remarkable woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren, no more “if” only when’s :) because I believe it will happen and Brian has always been on his own path right πŸ’™. I will pray hard what you asked and thank the lord for hearing all of us and for hearing your heart and minds desires. Keep focusing on all the positive like you do! You and Brian are amazing and a team that will beat all odds! I have your 6 Lauren and hear you πŸ’™ I have my candle going for you both and I’ll be praying harder. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ•―πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren you continue to amaze me. I think of you and Brian everyday. Brian is so lucky to have you taking care of him.I’ll continue to pray for Brian’s recovery. Lauren is the ISP family still taking care of you? Im hoping they are there for you and Brian. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are praying for you both

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW FUNDRAISER INITIAVE: Brian's Journey to NeuroSolutions in Austin, TX

Court Hearing // My Impact Statement

2nd Annual Bowling for Brain Fundraiser & More!